Friendly Visitors strives to reach out to senior citizens who live alone and need caring and friendly people to visit, call or lend a hand. Friendly Visitor volunteers enjoy one-on-one relationships and helping clients renew their sense of personal worth.
There are a variety of ways to get involved:
- Ring-a-Day: Daily calls function as a safety check, and also reminders to take any necessary medication
- Social Phone Calls: Once or twice per week calls to help combat isolation and loneliness.
- Home Visits: One hour visits once per week to play cards, chat and more.
- Transportation: Rides for medical appointments or grocery shopping, provided by volunteers.
Volunteers assist with the following activities:
- Visiting and offering companionship
- Transportation to appointments
- Calling daily or weekly
- Sharing a common interest or craft
Friendly Visitors serve in Leavenworth and Shawnee counties.
For more information:
Chaplain Allen Ohlstein